Layers of fresh spinach and pine nuts not only make this lasagna feel gourmet, but it’s also a cinch to prepare.
For the vegan ricotta:
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the lasagna:
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 4 cups Italian herb pasta sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (16-ounce) package baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan shreds
- To prepare the ricotta, combine the tofu, nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder in a blender; process until smooth and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble the lasagna, combine the prepared ricotta in a bowl with the Ener-G eggs; set aside.
- Spoon a little sauce into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Add a layer of lasagna noodles followed by half the spinach, 1/4 cup pine nuts, and half of the remaining sauce.
- Top with a second layer of noodles, the remaining spinach, and the remaining 1/4 cup pine nuts. Add a final layer of noodles, followed by the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.