Really this is just an ordinary snack mix that you could make any time of year. But if you tell your kids it’s “Reindeer Mix”, all of a suddenly ordinary becomes extraordinary!
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups pretzel twists
- 1 cup Puffins cereal
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, thyme, salt, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat for about 3 minutes, just until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
- Arrange the almonds and walnuts on a baking sheet lined with foil and pour half of the brown sugar mixture over the nuts, tossing to coat. Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 minutes.
- Toss the pretzels with the remaining brown sugar mixture. Add to the baking sheet and bake for a final 3 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the nut mixture to a large bowl and add the cereal, dried cranberries, and white chocolate, stirring to combine.
Be sure to snack on this mix while you track the reindeer and Santa across the sky on Christmas Eve!