This hearty lasagna is literally packed with veggies, making it a perfect all-in-one meal.
For the vegan ricotta:
- 1 (14-ounce) pkg. firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the lasagna:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) pkg. broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegan Parmesan shreds, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- To prepare the ricotta, combine the tofu, olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and garlic powder in a blender; process until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To prepare the lasagna, heat the canola oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion, carrots, bell pepper, zucchini, and broccoli; cook for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the prepared ricotta with the Ener-G eggs, salt, and 1/4 cup Parmesan; set aside.
- Spoon a little marinara sauce into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add a layer of lasagna noodles, followed by half the ricotta mixture, half the vegetable mixture, and half of the remaining marinara.
- Top with a second layer of noodles, followed by the remaining ricotta mixture, remaining vegetables, remaining noodles, and remaining marinara.
- Sprinkle on top with the final 1/2 cup Parmesan and the Italian seasoning. Note: If you don’t have Italian seasoning, use a mix of dried basil, oregano, thyme, and parsley to equal 3 tablespoons.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.