If you have a grill, you can prepare this dish grilled on skewers instead, cooking for about 15 minutes. If you use the grilling method, marinate the ingredients in the sauce ahead of time, and serve with additional sauce on the side.
For the sauce:
- 1 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic dressing
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 sliced garlic clove
For the remaining ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package Gardein beefless tips
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- To prepare the sauce, combine the steak sauce, dressing, agave, and garlic in a blender; process until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beefless tips and cook for 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper; continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the sauce and the pineapple; cook for a final few minutes, until heated through. Remove the beef mixture from the sauce with a slotted spoon.